In recent years, energy efficient home building has become increasingly important—and our team of New Mexico green homebuilders at Abrazo Homes has fully embraced it! When you invest in green new home construction with Abrazo Homes, we guarantee that your home will be independently tested and given a verified HERS rating (think ‘MPG’, but for homes) to score the efficiency of your home.
Smart Saver Green Homes
All Abrazo homes include:
- Automated Lighting and Temperature Controls
- Effective Insulation
- High-Performance Windows
- Tight Construction and Ducts
- Efficient Heating, Cooling and Water Heating Equipment
- Efficient Appliances and Compact Fluorescent and LED Lighting
Abrazo Homes provides many extra benefits to the already numerous advantages of new home construction through our energy efficient Smart Saver Green Homes. These include added confidence in your investment; lower cost of ownership; better protection against heat, cold, moisture, pollution and noise; and environmental protection.
Many individuals are unaware of the role the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) plays in the energy efficient home building process, but Abrazo Homes is dedicated to providing you with high-quality, energy efficient new homes. The HERS rating is a home’s equivalent to the miles per gallon (MPG) of a car; it can be used to estimate the energy efficiency of a newly constructed home or an existing home. A HERS score takes complicated building techniques and simplifies them into an easy to read score. Would you buy a car without knowing its MPG?
Don’t buy a home without a HERS score.
Lower HERS index ratings are always better when it comes to energy efficiency. The standard HERS index for code compliant homes is 100, and every Abrazo Homes Smart Saver grene home has a HERS score between 45-80! When you invest in a new home with our New Mexico home builders, you can guarantee that your home will be at least 20% more efficient than the standard code requirement, and 35-70% more efficient than the typical used home which averages HERS 120+.
Green Line Construction Features
We take pride in building new homes for individuals and families throughout Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. We ensure that many standard energy efficient green features are included in the construction of your new home including:
- AbrazoCONNECT automated lighting and temperature controls
- 2” x 6” wall cavities with R-19 sidewall insulation
- R-60 attic insulation with energy heel on trusses for proper insulation coverage
- R-10 rigid slab insulation
- Navien Tankless Water Heater
- 95% efficient furnace
- Refrigerated air (14 SEER) with programmable thermostats
- Low-E windows with .34 U-Factor or better
- Full ENERGY STAR™ appliance package
- Insulated duct work with duct leakage tests
- Whole home leakage test or “Blow Door Test”
- Timer controlled ENERGY STAR™ exhaust fans
- “Dusk to Dawn” exterior lights
- Available Photovoltaic (PV) solar panels for renewable electricity
Included amenities vary by product series, please consult an Abrazo Homes sales consulatant for details.
Contact Our New Mexico Green Home Builders
Abrazo Homes is dedicated to helping you turn your dream home into reality through affordable, energy efficient homes. We offer protection plans on every new home and walk you through each step of the building process. Our customer-driven approach to construction guarantees you the best possible home building investment and experience. Contact us to learn more about our energy efficient homes.
Call 505-362-9323 today to make your dream home a reality!